Let me take this opportunity to introduce you to the Vintage Aviation Museum.
The museum is a 501c3 non-profit that is dedicated to the preservation of warbirds and vintage aircraft, and the history that surrounds them.
We are preparing to return a very rare aircraft to flight and take it on a tour of the Western United States in 2019. This aircraft is a Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon and we have named it “ Bad To The Bone “ The Harpoon is a twin-engine bomber from WW2. There were only about 535 PV-2's built, and out of the 535 there are only about 35 left in the entire world, and out of those 35 only 3 are airworthy today.
This tour will allow the public to see a piece of WW2 history without having to travel what could be hundreds of miles to see one in a museum. When we stop at various cities across the West we will be offering ground tours as well as living history flight experiences. This experience will allow the public the opportunity to take a flight on the aircraft and experience the sights, smells, sensations, and take a step back in time envisioning what it was like to fly a mission in WW2.
Before we return this historic aircraft to flight there are some things that need to be done to make her flight worthy again, and your support can help us make Bad To The Bone's return to flight possible. The items we need are Tires, batteries, hoses, fabric for rudders, carburetor rebuilds (times 2), 110 gallons of Shell Aero Oil, 200 gallons of Av-Gas, one month of hanger rent and salary for an A/P mechanic. Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps.
Sponsors will receive:
- Supporter ($10 donation) 1 Bad To The Bone PV-2 Harpoon decal great for laptops, car windows, etc.
- Supporter Gold ($25 donation) 1 museum short sleeve T-shirt
- Ground Crew ($100 donation) 1 t-shirt, newsletter, 3 months ad space on the website and at events
- Ground Crew Gold ($250 donation) 2 t-shirts, newsletter, 6 months ad space on the website and at events
- Flight Crew ($500 donation) 4 t-shirts, newsletter, 1 year ad space on the website and at events
- Flight Crew Gold ($750 donation) 4 t-shirts, newsletter, 1 year ad space on the website and at events, 1 VIP spot at events
- Co-Pilot ($1,000 donation) 6 t-shirts, newsletter, 1 year ad space on the website, at events, and on tour promotional materials, 1 seat 1 time for flight experience.
- Pilot ($2,000 donation) 6 t-shirts, newsletter, 1 year ad space on the website, at events, and on tour promotional materials, VIP spot at events for 1 year, 1 seat 1 time for aircraft reposition flight.
All donors will receive a tax deductible receipt.