This Non-Profit registered for FREE on donasity. Want to provide a description and logo for your
CORNERSTONE SPECIAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY INC
Some disabilities are blatantly obvious but the majority are hidden from our sight. They are equal in they both can have an adverse effect on students to receive an appropriate education. Chances are you probably know someone who lives with a hidden disability or has a child with them. School can be tough for them or in some cases, a down-right disaster!
Students with disabilities become adults with disabilities. The disabilities don’t go away. If they can’t succeed in school now, how will they be successful in the future? How will they hold a job? What kind of relationships will they have? How will they lead a purposeful and meaningful life?
Your tax-deductible donation will:
• Help ensure children, including those inaccurately labelled “discipline problems,” get properly evaluated and the supports they need.
• Help develop and employ an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan designed to address the students’ unique abilities giving them the right tools, opportunity, skills, and supports they need.
• Help students receive the suitable classroom support, so they learn to read, write, interact, and comprehend at their grade level according to their ability.
• Allow students to benefit from the use of the assistive technology for classwork, homework, assignments, and exams.
• Make it possible for these students to gain and achieve skills to prepare them for the workforce or higher education.
• Allow us to add more parent/student advocates for 1 on 1 direct representation at meetings with school administrators.
• Continue to provide training, materials, seminars, workshops, and support for parents and students with disabilities so they are better informed, more confident, and empowered.
The mission of Cornerstone Special Education Alliance is to ensure students with disabilities have the tools, opportunity, skills, and supports they need to discover and achieve their purpose and calling.